Chromium Carbide Overlay Wear/Abrasion Resistant Clad Hardbanding Bimetal Steel Plates
HART Plate is manufactured by depositing chromium-rich, abrasion-resistant materials on mild steel base plate using a traditional arc welding process. This product is usually referred to as chromium carbide overlay (CCO) plate on the market. The hardfacing overlay is suitable for severe abrasive wear and impact applications. Qingdao HART Industrial Technology Co., Ltd was established in 2003, it had a long history of providing innovative wear solution and world class wear products.
The ultimate hardfaced product for your application depends on the material--whether rock, sand, gravel or other substance--striking or sliding along the surface of your wear part. It also depends on the angle and speed of impact as well as the operating temperature.
|1||HART-P-200||Chromium Carbide Overlay Plate||Sliding Wear|
|2||HART-P-100||Chromium Carbide Overlay Plate||Severe Sliding Wear|
|3||HART-P-80||Complex Carbide Overlay Plate||Extreme Sliding Wear|
[Technical Specification Of HART-P-100 ]
1. Base Material:
ASTM A36(Q235B), ASTM A529A(Q345B), other weldable steel is optional;
Base thickness: 3 to 30 mm
2. Hardfacing Layer:
Chromium carbon alloy on Fe basis(austenite)
Bulk hardness: >630HV
Mean hardness: >55HRC
Layer thickness: 3 to 30 mm
3. Welding Processes:
Advanced open arc welding and submerged arc welding
4. Alloy Description:
Austenitic chrome carbide iron(Chromium white iron)
5. Carbide Hardness:
6. Volume Fraction of Carbide:
7. Chemical Composition:
*Various alloys to be used depend on different operating condition and applications.
|3 on 3||3~4||18~20||0.5~1||0.5~1||56~58|
|3 on 4||3~4||18~20||0.5~1||0.5~1||56~58|
|3 on 5||3~4||18~22||0.5~1||0.5~1||58~60|
|3 on N||3.5~4.5||20~25||0.5~1||0.5~1||58~62||N>5|
|4 on N||3.5~4.5||20~25||0.5~1||0.5~1||58~62|
|5 on N||4~6||23~25||0.5~1||0.5~1||58~62|
|6 on N||4~6||24~28||0.5~1||0.5~1||58~62|
|7 on N||4.5~6||24~28||0.5~1||0.5~1||58~62|
|8 on N||4.5~6||24~28||0.5~1.5||0.5~1||58~62|
|9 on N||5~6||26~30||0.5~1.5||0.5~1||60~64|
|10 on N||5~6||26~30||0.5~1.5||0.5~1||60~64|
|11 on N||5~6||26~30||0.5~1.5||0.5~1||60~64|
|12 on N||5~6||26~34||0.5~1.5||0.5~1||60~64|
|N on N||5~6||26~34||0.5~2||0.5~1||60~64||N>12|
Composed of a high proportion of extremely hard primary M7C3 chromium rich carbides dispersed in a ductile eutectic austenite matrix.
Maintains 30% to 50% of primary carbides to provide a good wear resistance and homogenous bonding.
9. Typical Applications:
HART-P-100 Plate is widely used in the mining, power generation(Coal), cement, dredging, steel production, waste handling, glass production, and pulp and paper industries. Some specific applications include:
|Mining||Chutes, hoppers, liners for truck beds, dozer blades, shovel buckets, dragline buckets, excavators|
|Cement||Separator guide vanes, discharge cones for clinker storage bins, chutes for sintering ore conveying, outlet ducts for clinker grinding mills, receiving hoppers|
|Dredging||Dredging pipes and pumps, suction pipelines, pump discharges|
|Steel||Dredging pipes and pumps, suction pipelines, pump discharges|
|Power||Coal handling chutes, coal feeder liners, crusher screen plates, classifier cones, journal liners, silo bunkers|
10. Wear properties of HART-P-100 (ASTM G65 and SGS test report)
*ASTM G65 is a standard test measuring sliding abrasion resistance using a dry sand/rubber wheel apparatus.
|HARDBANDING ALLOY||ASTM G65 -- WEIGHT LOSS||HARDNESS (RC)|
|10+10-8||0.162 g/6000 revs||64.7|
|10+10-4||0.183 g/6000 revs||63.7|
|10+10-2||0.149 g/6000 revs||64.0|
|Cutting||1. Can be cut by plasma, laser, water jet, arc gouge, and abrasive saw cutting; |
2. Cannot be cut by oxy-fuel.
1. Use 480 MPa (70 ksi) or 560 MPa (80 ksi) consumable to join base metal;
2. After welding, joint should be capped by overlay for wear protection.
1. Not machinable by conventional methods;
2. Can be finished by grinding only;
3. Countersunk holes can be precisely produced by EDM (Electrical Discharge Machining).
1. Commonly formed with overlay to the inside;
2. For pipes with diameters smaller than 0.6m (24"), hardfacing pipe recommended instead of pipes fabricated from hardfacing plate.
1. When drilling, the distance between two holes should be at least 15mm (5/8''); Otherwise, the partition may not be strong enough and can crack;
2. The minimum diameter of holes should be equal to the thickness of the plates. For thicker plates with a total thickness over 20mm (3/4''), the minimum diameter should be 1.5 times the thickness of the plate.
12. Testing and quality control
We documented how the product properties are tested in order to make sure the overlay plates fulfil the specified product properties. Including documentation on 3D party's quality system if calibration and testing is performed by 3D party.
13. Packing and loading